Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My heart

I have been waiting to give my heart away.
Waiting by the side of a country dirt road.
Waiting on the platform of the train station
where you left me that night.
Waiting in a crowded restaurant at a table for one.




I do not know how to let it go.
Not sure if you will return it in a million pieces.
Or steal it and then throw it away.
Will you protect it on life’s long journey?


Will you nurture it when I am in pain?
Will you give me the breath of life
when I feel I don’t have one?
Will you give me your heart in exchange?




Take care of dear heart.
I need it to breathe, to speak,
to listen to the words that you say.


I need it to be whole, to be human.
I need it to find my way to you.
I need it to love you forever.
I need it to make the journey and back again.






No comments: